Monday, October 24

one million hair-brained schemes

andy and i have agreed that pursuing the realization of normally un-realized hair-brained schemes is what artschool is for.
this is andy's studio/bike shop

this face happened because he had just finished the contraption he has been building for weeks. what you don't have is the photo of his face after i tried riding it and broke it. the next day he had made 'jared proof' reparations.

this bicycle will show films powered by and viewed by the viewer/powerer


i make mix tapes. at first i would wheel my tapes on these wheely carts into people's studios and have them browse and select albums for me to mix.

now i just frame the cassettes on my table and have visitors come to me. i had new york artists spencer finch and diana cooper choose mixes last week, but due to flight cancellation i missed my visit with eric fischl. little does eric know how enriched his life would have been this week when he got that mix tape in the mail. i've done nine or ten mixes so far for mostly other painters. they're pretty solid stacks of tunes.

you can also see some of my favourite cutting boards in this shot. they are about to become computer art.

4 comments:

dr_b_rock said...

Jared lindsay clark- one million hugs for you! I like the computer art. . .I'll have to roadtrip it again to see it in person

Cindy Bean said...

That poor guy and his bike. Good thing Johnny Rockstar's bike didn't bust when you sat on it.

Jenny said...

Hey Jared, how's grad school treating you? Your work is looking fabulous. One day I hope to become a famous artist who can afford one of your mix tapes...

Cache said...

Hey do Finch's light filter instalations really recreate the exact light of other places? I looked up Fischl's paintings and they kind of remind me of nightmeres a child might have after walking in on his parents. I didn't know you had such an amazing cassette collection by the way; Pat Benatar, Tracy Chapman, and Fiddler on the roof?? Provo misses you. PS I like those prints of the cutting boards. i'll givce you your pentax for one?