Thursday, February 23

one million gross and violent rubber suits

the art of GWAR!
this is the name of the exhibition that recently legitimized the careers of artists who went to my art school and started a little band with a big dream: rape and destroy the world in halloween suits. i have never seen Gwar, and my only description before this exhibit was inflicted upon me by Dave Cook in 1999 who may have seen them more than once. this post is in honor of him and also of Brigham who informed me that Gwar was Richmond-based before i heard of this show.


i think this is my favourite



oh, the classic sphincter in the forehead

at least we can trace some of the origins of Rob Zombie's artwork









Richard wanted to buy one of these until he found out they were more than a few hundred dollars

1 comment:

Brigham said...

Whoah.

This is what I get for not checking your blog regularly enough.