1. Tim Hawkinson
2. Having black paint poured over yourself in a bathtub to generate sequential images which dictate the shapes making up this topographical portrait made of foam.
3. Making collage scientific
4. Rainbow Belts
5. Musical paper machet log with tiny dudes that hit the branch stumps in a percussive symphony
6. Gigantic homemade bagpipes
7. Supersonic babies of the future
8. Peter Halley
the ACE staff had left this outside their storage door, thank goodness.
not my favourite Tim Hawkinson stuff, but good enough to keep me from hating the ACE this year and losing my faith in artist scientists due to the rest of the gallery's show (repeated below) - a disclaimer to which i make, in part, in honor of the art ideas of my scientist friend, Elliott Carter Ferris.