Monday, November 6

one million Gary Stephan pictures

"Ways To Make Things" at Cynthia Broan Gallery



I just got back from New York City where our class was guided through Chelsea and then Brooklyn by Gregory Volk. The following videos i was lucky to catch in a Chelsea gallery not on the itinerary and it turned out to be my favourite show of the day - Gary Stephan was a visiting artist to VCU last year (and was unanimously amazing in studiovisits) so his name caught my eye, and his videos caught my fancy.


i saw Gary two nights later at the opening of the Joanne Greenbaum show (to be posted next) and he told me the videos were on youtube so instead of me explaining the video and showing you my stills, here you go lucky readers!




and here is his great painting installation:












(interview linked to title)

No comments: